Several days ago, Xiaomi announced that the global version of Xiaomi Mi Band 5 would be presented in July. Two questions still remain unanswered: the price of the band and whether there will be a global NFC. The band is to make its debut together with Redmi 9A and the TV set-top box – Mi TV Stick.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Price
According to Sudhanshu1 from Twitter, Mi Band 5 in Europe is to cost 39.99 euros – therefore, the band will be 5 euro more expensive than Mi Band 4. Unfortunately, the global version of Xiaomi Mi Band 5 will probably not get the possibility to use contactless payments with NFC.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Specification
- 125 mAh battery (up 14 days of operation on a single charge or up to 20 on a lighter load, and it’s magnetically charged now, so you don’t have to take the middle out,
- 1.1″ AMOLED color screen with a resolution of 126×294 pixels,
- improved processor,
- support for 11 professional sports modes,
- pulsometer (PPG), pedometer, triaxial accelerometer, gyroscope or proximity sensor, as well as sleep monitoring functions (including REM phase) and all-day heart rate monitoring,
- special mode for women that monitors the menstrual cycle, physiology, etc.,
- button on Mi Band 5 can be used as a shutter release for the connected phone;
- waterproof (5ATM),
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE with phones working under Android (from 5.0) or iOS (from 10.0),
- eight different stripes,
- dimensions are 47.2 x 18.5 x 12.4 mm.
The band can already be ordered in pre-sale. The Chinese online shop Banggood is selling the global version of Mi Band 5 for $41.99 with shipping on 20th July.