Many Fitbit users are wondering what is the new update 1.96.29 they are getting recently. The update is a Firmware update (not OS). The update is the following:
- Charge 4 (Firmware version: 1.96.29)
This new Firmware version includes some changes described below and more in detail on the Fitbit Help website.
Below are the changes from the latest versions:
- Elevate your workouts with Dynamic GPS mode on Charge 4. If your phone is nearby, Charge 4 uses the GPS sensors on your phone to capture your route, pace, and other stats. If you don’t take your phone, Charge 4 uses built-in GPS.
- Manage new GPS settings on Charge 4 to preserve your device’s battery life or to enhance GPS performance.
- Set alarms with Smart Wake in the Alarms app.
- Adjust how long your screen stays on with the new Screen Time Out setting. For more information,
- See the date that you activated your device in the Settings app.
- This release includes bug fixes and improvements.
This release includes bug fixes and improvements. (Fitbit didn’t provide any extra details)
The manufacture published the changes on the fitbit website
Here you can learn how to check what’s new in my Fitbit update in the Help website: