An introduction to the Fortnite 12.50 Patch notes (2.69) is now available. All the changes and new features contained in the update can be found in this article, starting with the aim assist nerf!
Fortnite Update 12.50, the new content patch for season 2 of Fortnite chapter 2, contains some notable changes. This version includes two critical fixes, which will no doubt delight pro players or more broadly competitors: the nerf of Barrett Rifle damage and the nerf of the aim assist.
It’s a balancing act that the competitive scene has been asking for months, and now Epic has finally got it.
Heavy Sniper Rifle Nerve
Reduced player damage for the epic variant: 126 instead of 150
Reduced player damage for the Legendary Variant: 132 instead of 157
Aim assist nerf
Aiming aid was a widespread issue raised by the community, and Epic Games took the bull by the horns with the Fortnite Update 12.5 patch. From now on, whatever your basic FPS, your aim assist will be based on a 60hz, not a 240hz. In other words, the aim assist is now the same for everyone.
On paper, this is a radical change, although Epic Games will be closely monitoring the impact of such a change over the coming weeks.
New temporary Party Royale mode
Skins leak in the Fortnite Update 12.50.
The deployment of the Fortnite Update 12.50 patch has enabled data miners around the world to pick up new cosmetic files (Skins and Accessories), which will be released in the coming weeks on Fortnite.
Secret agents and assassins are once again at the heart of Epic Games’ artistic creations.
Here are the visuals of the future Skins and Accessories to be found in the store:
Full Fortnite Update 12.50 2.69 Patch Notes
Published by Newsweek
- Players can no longer access My Island settings while in a game.
- Fixed an issue where players cannot activate or deactivate phase mode using a controller.
- Fixed an issue where players can respawn in-game modes that has one elimination per round.
Creative Tools + Phone
- Fixed an issue where phone tool settings would be ignored when placing prefabs or gallery items from the quick bar.
- Fixed an issue where the Cost Preview for items placed from the quick bar was not showing the proper cost on the first placement of asset types.
- Fixed an issue where players would be able to access the phone tool after placing a spawn plate outside of the island volume.
- Fixed an issue where “Open” and “Add to Quick Bar” settings bound to the same button when building with a Controller in the Content Browser.
- Fixed an issue where a previously selected player built structure preview appears when selecting the hotkey to build traps while holding the phone tool.
- Fixed an issue where the search bar loses focus when words are added then deleted.
- Fixed an issue where some assets had an overly bright background in the Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where a copied asset would lock in place after a player fell.
Prefabs & Galleries
- Added the Lily Pad to Slurp Swamp Prop Gallery
- Added a Shrub and Lily Pad to Nature Shrub Gallery
- Added two different wooden roof corners to the Pueblo Gallery
- Fixed an issue where the coloring of the tiles from the Snow & Mud Floor Gallery would not visibly match up.
- Fixed an issue where an unselectable Coconut would spawn after destroying the palm tree when placing the “Paradise Palms Hotel Pool.”
- Fixed an issue where some of the assets, from the Frenzy Farm Prop Gallery, had too high of health.
- Fixed an issue where the wood destruction effect appears when the Fire Pit is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some assets from the Diner Prop Gallery and Frenzy Farm Prop Gallery are not fully in the preview volume.
- Fixed an issue where a wall section was rotated the wrong way, in the Frenzy Farm House Prefab.
- Fixed items spawned from various devices not firing their pickup transmitters if they were combined with another item that wasn’t dropped from a spawner device.
- Fixed an issue where the Class Selector would block the line of sight visibility of the Perception trigger.
- Fixed an issue where Capture Area colors would not update when a player would switch teams.
- Fixed an issue where the Speaker device would not be activated by a Sequencer Device if set to Not Visible in-game.
- Fixed an issue where Trick Tiles would trigger at the beginning of a game if the player switching to the safety team was standing on it prior to the game starting.
- Fixed an issue where Button Devices could not be interacted with when “Visibility During Games” is set to “Off.”
- Fixed an issue where the Perception trigger would not respect team settings.
- Fixed an issue where items equipped to an Item Spawner Plate had low res when viewed from a distance.
- Fixed an issue where the “Invert Airborne Control” settings on the “X-4 Stormwing Spawn” would not be respected in-game.
- Fixed an issue where the “Breakthrough Health Threshold” and “Direct Hit Health” settings on the “X-4 Stormwing Spawn” would not function in-game.
UI + Social
- Fixed an issue where the Power-Ups would not appear in the Channel Browser.
- Fixed an issue where Button Devices would not show up in the Channel Browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Color Changing Tiles would not show up in the Channel Browser.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s score HUD was duplicated in the minigame.
- Fixed an issue where the game start screen was missing the SAC and details button.
- Fixed an issue where some individual asset icons were showing with an overexposed lighting effect.
- Fixed an issue with a faulty icon, on the Customizable Light Gallery Torch.
- Framerate and resolution drops in v12.41
- Local Challenges not appearing when entering a new area
- “Block damage with a Kingsman” Challenge not tracking progress
Save the World
- Surround Pound’s heavy attack may not deal damage to husks
- Players may be swapped to their pickaxe when using an ability that’s on cooldown
- Stormking Onslaught Projectiles are not functioning correctly
- Players may become stuck in a previous Dungeons zone while their teammates are in the next one
- Psylocke’s Pickaxe does not swing properly
- Video playback disabled on Android
- Extra Build buttons display Wall icons
- Ping marker displays 0m