It is difficult to keep the information about a new smartphone secret nowadays, especially in the industry of information-hungry journalists looking for leaks and data scraps. This is not different in the case of Samsung since both renders and specification of the upcoming Galaxy Z Flip have just been leaked.
It looks like these are the actual press renders, so probably there will be no surprises after the official presentation. The Galaxy Z Flip is significantly different from the first foldable phone presented by Samsung. In the new model, the screen, instead of being folded in book form, is part of a flip-flop that resembles the design of Motorola Razr. When closed, it resembles a square, rectangular box.
As for specification, we get:
- A 6.7-inch SAMOLED folding screen with a resolution of 2636 × 1080 pixels.
- A 1,06-inch AMOLED external screen with a resolution of 300 × 116 pixels.
- Snapdragon 855 Plus.
- 8 GB RAM.
- 256 GB internal memory.
- Dual camera with 12 Mpix master and 12 Mpix wide-angle lens.
- 10 Mpix selfie camera.
- Dual battery with a total capacity of 3300 mAh with high-speed 15 W charging on cable and up to 9 W wirelessly.
- Flap opening angle from 70 to 110 degrees.
- Folding dimensions 87.4 × 73.6 × 15.4 mm.
- Dimensions when unfolded 167,9 × 74,6 × 6,9 mm.
Probably no headphone jack is available in Galaxy Z Flip for space-saving reasons. The device will weigh 183 grams.