You bought Xiaomi MiPad, and of course one of the first things you wanted to try is Netflix, so you went to Google Play store to install it, but the app was not there? Or maybe you just googled the Netflix app and found it, but when you are trying to install, you see “Your device isn’t compatible with this version” error.
Well, you are not the only one.
The reason Netflix is not available in the app store on Xiaomi MiPad is that the device is not certified due to lack of the DRM. But don’t worry, we have a workaround for you.
For Xiaomi MiPad 4 (MIUI 10):
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Settings > System Setting > Additional Settings.
- Now enter Privacy > Install unknown apps.
- Select the app which you want to allow to install apps (e.g., web browser or Chrome).
For older models:
- Go the Settings.
- In System & Device section, choose Additional settings > Privacy > Unknown sources.
- Touch the Unknown sources toggle to turn it on to allow installation of apps, apk files from unknown sources.
NOTE: You can revert back to your original settings once you have installed the Netflix app.
- Download NETFLIX APP (apk)
- Once the download is complete, swipe down from the top of your screen to see Notifications panel.
- You should see the downloaded app. Tap the downloaded Netflix file and select Install.
- When the installation is complete, you should see a notification saying Successfully Installed Netflix.
- Find and launch the Netflix app.
NOTE: Please note that even after installing the .apk file due to lack of the DRM it’s possible that you won’t be able to get higher resolution than 480p.