If you are looking for how to reset Fitbit Charge and Versa, this means that your Fitbit is experiencing issues. So, if the issues are anything like:
- Unable to sync.
- It does not react when you press the buttons, tap it, or try to slide your finger across the screen.
- It’s charged, but it won’t turn on.
- It does not follow your footsteps or other statistics.
First, we would recommend a restart. You can read more about how to do a restart on the below article:
How to restart your Fitbit
If the Restart didn’t help you can try the factory reset. But please keep in mind that your apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards, and saved settings will be deleted from your device if you perform a Factory reset:
How to reset Fitbit Versa
You can do that using the app by going to Settings app > About > Factory Reset.
You can also try doing a hard factory reset following the below steps suggested by Fitbit Support:
- Press and hold the three buttons on your Fitbit for up to 20 seconds.
- Once the logo is shown on the screen and then disappear, release the bottom button and hold the other two until you hear a strong vibration. This indicates the reset has started, so you have to release the other two buttons.
- This procedure can take several seconds and from time to time the watch will reset to zero showing the logo and the Fitbit.com/setup site.
How to reset Fitbit Charge or Charge HR
To reset your Fitbit Charge or Charge HR to factory settings :
- Connect the charging cable to your tracker, and plug the other end into a USB port.
- Press and hold the button for about two seconds, and then perform the following while holding the button:
- Disconnect the charging cable from your Electronic Coach.
- Wait approximately seven to nine seconds after disconnecting the charging cable.
- Release the button and hold it down again.
- After you see “ALT” and a white screen appears, release the button and hold it down again.
- After feeling a vibration, release the button and then press and hold it again.
- After seeing “ERROR” appear, release and hold the button again.
- After you see ” ERASE ” on the display, release the button. The electronic coach will then turn off.
- To turn your electronic coach back on, press the button or connect it to the charging cable (making sure to plug the other end in). If the time indicated on your electronic coach is 0:00, it means that the reset to factory settings has worked.
- You will then need to tell your Fitbit account that you want to set up a new device.
- If you are using the Fitbit application, tap or click on the Account icon (User Added Image) and select Configure Device. Follow the instructions to replace your device.